No, don't. Please. Instead, read these articles. I have scoured the WHO and CDC websites and other authoritative sources, applied a generous dose of perspective, and distilled the big picture of the H1N1 swine flu epidemic down to some key essentials.
Bottom line? Wash your hands and don't freak out.
- Is H1N1 Swine Flu Dangerous?
- How is the H1N1 Swine Flu Transmitted?
- What do the WHO and CDC H1N1 Flu Response Mean?
And if you crave more details about the epidemic — which is verging on becoming a pandemic but so far not a very deadly one — here are two more:
- Timeline of the 2009 H1N1 Swine Flu Outbreak
- Influenza Virus Classification: The Many Varieties of Influenza (with some nifty pictures)