Welcome! This site exists to help shed light on the topics of science and Catholic faith. Please introduce yourself here!

If you would like to subscribe to this blog, click here. To receive new posts by e-mail, enter your e-mail address below. Your e-mail is always kept private.


Delivered by FeedBurner

Christ the healer

Labels:

I've been avoiding posting today because I don't want to post anything on Good Friday that's not faith-related, and I didn't have anything profound enough to say for this solemn day. But I read a couple of other bloggers' posts (Jen and Simcha) and decided that what I write does not need to be profound.

Mood swings have been my reality the last couple of weeks, and earlier today I was in a downward one. Lying morosely in bed after a nap today, I stared about the room thinking dark thoughts, when my eyes fell on the crucifix above the bedroom door.

That corpus looking down on me seemed to say, "You don't have to suffer this. I did it for you."

"No one has greater love than this, to lay down one's life for one's friends." (Jn 15:13)


Creative Commons License



Related Posts